Sunday 13 March 2011

Making a start

Here we go again; my seed potatoes are chitting I've and sown a few seeds. I'm still eating sprouts and carrots from the plot and there's some early spinach. Last years maincrop potatoes that I have in store are starting to sprout and go a bit soft but as yet are still edible. And there's no shortage of young nettles.

I can't say I'm feeling overly enthusiastic - the world seems to be going into meltdown, both literally and metaphorically. At the end of the day all I can do is get on with it and continue doing what I believe is right for me, right for my loved ones and right for the planet.

I can see a point coming in the not too distant future when access to land will be more useful than access to money, so I'm thankful I've got this bit of earth to nourish. It gives back more than I could ever put into it.

And these daffodils that I planted around the fruit trees in my orchard are helping to lift my spirits.

No comments: