Saturday 30 June 2012

Pretty as a picture

Harvesting broad beans, cabbage, peas, carrots, lettuce and wild rocket from the plot. I've taken up the garlic too for drying. Lovely time of year despite the rain. I especially like seeing the dog roses and elderflowers in the hedgerows in June.



The orchard was looking a bit battered in the wind and rain the other day...


...and I appreciate the beauty of the long grasses more and more, it's a mystery me why people would want to buy the non-native ornamental ones from nurseries, though that's another story.


Lots of bees buzzing around when the sun comes out and many other beasties besides. I've no idea what this is on the phacelia but he seems to be enjoying himself:


And the hoverflies are pretty stunning:


All in all pretty as a picture, if I do say so myself.

No comments: