Saturday 17 May 2008

Still no rain

No rain for about three weeks now, save for a bit of drizzle yesterday, hardly enough to settle the dust. Those pesky southerners have been having a deluge, maybe because they pay more poll tax. Or maybe not. I've been watering the carrot and spinach seedlings but I'm trying to force everything else to send down roots and fend for themselves because if I once start there'll be no end to it.

Been getting plenty done today: sown the maincrop peas, french beans, leeks, brocolli; potted on winter cabbages, cauliflower, carnations and basil.

I've finished up the the last of leeks and am slowly eating my way through the spring cabbage; I've finished the thinnings and am into the heads now. There's a joke in there somewhere if I could be bothered to work it out, which I can't.

2 comments:

dee said...

Two weeks of no rain down here and they put in an hose pipe ban :0) Ha...

Simon said...

Hi Dee, life eh? Forecast here is for rain at the weekend, fingers crossed...