Sunday 28 November 2010

New World Disorder

November is the new January. Siberian winds, snow and penetrating frost; we've just had the coldest November night since records began. -8 here this morning. And apparently it's going to get worse.


The Jet stream appears to have stopped or broken down over Europe:


You see the UK and Ireland, Northern France, Germany etc. and Scandinavia in the bottom centre? Usually the Jet stream goes straight across Northern Europe acting as a buffer against the freezing Arctic weather. But now it has looped down over Spain with another arm over North Africa. Apparently that has never happened before. (source: Sott.net)

If I were a conspiracy theorist I might say that this is a result of our government's clumsy secret attempts at geo-engineering via chemtrails. But surely they wouldn't be going that far! Would they?

2 comments:

Growing Vegetables said...

I am no conspiracy theorist but I am very doubtful about this weather being natural.

I do like you explanation and the chart showing the gulf stream, I just hope it moves back over us sometime soon.

Joan said...

I'm not a conspiracy theorist either nor am I completely sold on global warming but we too had a record setting cold Nov. This kind of stuff usually waits till Jan for us. Not natural but it does seem to follow the idea of cycles, 100 year or otherwise. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!