Thursday 23 December 2010

Hola

A belated happy solstice to you all. Did anyone see the lunar eclipse? I missed it on account of it being too cloudy here in Derby. And too cold to get out of bed anyway.

I'm feeling the cold having just spent three weeks in sunny Tenerife, working (through HelpX) on a finca up in the hills above Puerto Santiago, a small permaculture holding with bananas, advocado and mango trees interplanted with cardoons, sweet potatoes and stuff. And vegetable crops like pumpkins and tomatoes. Mosly clearing areas for planting, pruning and mulching around the trees. Good time had by all and hopefully somewhere I'll get back to soon.


There's more photos of my trip here, here and here.

2 comments:

Arabella Sock said...

Tenerife sounds good.. getting back to the cold and snow not so good.

I hope you are having a good Christmas

Simon said...

Thanks Arabella, you too..